Services We Provide
- Cosmetic, tooth-colored resin restorations
- Cosmetic Zirconia crowns
- Cost-effective mercury-free stainless steel crowns
- BPA-free preventive sealants
- Habit appliances such as thumb guard, tongue thrust appliance
- Space maintenance appliances
- Phase I, interceptive Orthodontics
- Phase II, traditional braces
- Invisalign™ braces
- Nitrous oxide/oxygen analgesia/Laughing gas
- IV deep sedation
- Complete oral rehabilitation/dental surgeries under general anesthesia
- Special needs pediatric dentistry
Cosmetic, tooth-colored resin restorations
Cosmetic Zirconia Crowns
Cost-effective mercury-free stainless steel crowns
BPA-free preventive sealants
Habit appliances such as thumb guard, tongue thrust appliance
Space maintenance appliances
Phase I, interceptive Orthodontics
Phase II, traditional braces
There’s never been a better time to straighten your teeth with the most advanced clear aligner in the world. Our office is proud to be a certified provider of Invisalign clear aligners, which give your child a clear, convenient, and comfortable option to achieve the smile you’ve always wanted.
Why Invisalign treatment?
- Faster treatment : With weekly aligner changes, you’re child is on their way to the smile you want even faster. Depending on their response to treatment we may consider longer periods between aligner changes.
- Proven results : SmartTrack® material and SmartForce® features are clinically proven to improve control of tooth movement with Invisalign clear aligners.
- Better fit : Aligners made from SmartTrack material are comfortable, fit well, and are easy to put on and take off.
- Effective : Invisalign clear aligners can treat a wide range of teeth-straightening conditions, including crossbites, crowding, open bites, gapped teeth, overbites, and underbites.
- Virtually invisible : Most people won’t even know you’re child is going through treatment, because Invisalign aligners are virtually invisible!
- Comfortable : Invisalign clear aligner trays are not only smooth and comfortable to wear, but they’re also removable. That means your child can continue doing all the things they normally would, from brushing and flossing to eating whatever they like.
- Convenient : Invisalign treatment is ideal for your child's busy schedule, since they only need to visit our office every six weeks.
The Invisalign Treatment Process
Your First Consultation
At your child's initial consultation, we will discuss your orthodontic needs and evaluate whether Invisalign treatment is right for you.
Your Custom Treatment Plan
We will use a scanner such as the iTero® digital scanning system to create fast, precise 3D digital images of your child's teeth. Then we will map out a precise treatment plan, including the exact movements of your teeth and how long their treatment will be. Your child will even get to see how their teeth will move and preview your new smile.
Invisalign Clear Aligners
Your child's custom-made aligners will be made of Invisalign’s proprietary SmartTrack® material. They’re virtually invisible, so most people won’t even notice they’re wearing them during their teeth straightening.
Wear Invisalign clear aligners 20 to 22 hours a day for the best results, and take them out only to eat, brush, and floss.
Your Child's Progress
As they wear each set of aligners, your teeth will gently and gradually shift into place. We may recommend that they begin wearing a new set of aligners every week and schedule checkups every six weeks or so.
Taking Care of Your Child's New Smile
When your child's treatment is complete, ask us about a Vivera® retainer. Vivera retainers are custom-made using the same state-of-the-art technology as Invisalign clear aligners.
To learn more about the Invisalign system and all your orthodontic treatment options, please feel free to schedule an appointment at our office. We look forward to meeting you and helping you achieve a smile that’s made to move!
Invisalign and the Invisalign logo, among others, are trademarks of Align Technology, Inc., and are registered in the U.S. and other countries.
Nitrous oxide/oxygen analgesia/Laughing gas
Nitrous oxide, or laughing gas, is the most frequently used method for easing mild to moderate anxiety. Administered through a small mask that fits over your nose, it is an effective way to calm anxiety, raise your child's pain threshold, and even make time seem like it's passing quicker than usual. As the gas begins to work, your child will become calm, although they will still be awake and able to talk with the dentist.
At the end of your child's appointment, they will resume breathing regular oxygen, and all the effects of nitrous oxide will disappear, so they can resume normal activities immediately.
Safe, comfortable & effective dental treatment and dental surgeries under IV deep sedation with a board-certified anesthesiologist
We recognize that some of our patients may feel anxious or apprehensive about receiving dental care. Our doctors and staff work hard to make sure that your child has a comfortable, positive experience, and that's why we are pleased to offer sedation dentistry for those patients needing a little extra comfort before receiving treatment. Feeling anxious about receiving dental care should never prevent your child from having the beautiful, healthy smile.
Customized sedation dentistry that is safe and effective
There are different types of sedation dentistry, and you and your doctor will work together to decide on a personalized treatment plan that will give your child the care they need while ensuring their comfort every step of the way.
How sedation dentistry works
About 5 minutes before we begin your dental treatment, your child will be given a small injection of mild sedative in his/her deltoid area (similar to getting a flu shot). Shortly after, we will start monitoring your child's vitals.
Our anesthesiologist will then gently place an IV and administer medication to help your child into a deeper state of relaxation. Once his/her treatment is complete, he/she will wake up with little or no memory of the appointment and a beautiful new smile. Using sedation dentistry, we may be able to complete many different procedures, including complex rehabilitation of his/her oral health, in just one office visit.
Common questions about sedation dentistry
We understand that you may have many questions about sedation dentistry before receiving treatment. Here are some of the most common questions and answers about sedation dentistry:
Will My Child feel anything during my treatment?
In most cases, patients do not feel anything. There is very little discomfort, and many patients wake up feeling relaxed and comfortable with almost no memory of the treatment.
Is sedation dentistry the same as being unconscious?
No. Your child will still be conscious and responsive but you will be in a deep state of relaxation.
Is sedation dentistry safe?
Sedation dentistry is a safe and effective way for many patients to receive dental treatment. Before starting your treatment with IV sedation, your doctor will help you decide if IV sedation is right for your child's treatment.
How long will it take the sedation to wear off?
The time it takes for the sedatives to wear off depends on the dose your child received, how long your treatment is, and how quickly their body can recover.
Is my child a good candidate for sedation dentistry?
Any patient who experiences dental anxiety is a good candidate for sedation dentistry. If your child have any of the following fears or concerns, ask your doctor about sedation dentistry as an option for their next dental treatment:
- Extreme dental anxiety, or fear of visiting the dentist
- Fear of needles and/or shots
- Past traumatic dental experience
- Inability to handle the smells or noises at a dentist's office
- Overly sensitive teeth, a strong gag reflex, or trouble getting numb
- Need for a more complex dental treatment
- Self-consciousness about one's teeth
- Desire for a more comfortable dental treatment
If you feel that your child could benefit from sedation dentistry at their next appointment, please contact us and let us know how we can better accommodate your needs.